PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any pilots left who *enjoy* this profession?
Old 6th May 2011, 22:04
Upland Goose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe there to be a spectrum of activity. I was fortunate to fly, in the same company, IFR overland and underslung load lifting. It was perhaps the most satisfying period of my career.

Both are at extreme ends of the spectrum and worlds apart. Nevertheless, each requires a level of tactile and demanding skill which needs to be honed. In between we find instructing which is a commendable activity with many demands. Charter flying in the vagaries of British weather with a VFR machine can be stress indeed, but unmatched for pleasure on a fine day.

Variety is definitely the key and if you can find that in the same company you hit utopia - or something approximating it. (give PDG in Inverness serious consideration)

I now fly a desk at MAUW, most of the time, but still walk out to a waiting S76 with a sense of excited anticipation. I fooled my AME again the other day and celebrated with a Big Mac with large Fries in my normal fashion.

Flying ? - a clean shirt and a new set of TAF's and you start your day with little baggage from the previous day. Enjoy! UG