PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Payday at Arik Air
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2011, 21:35
westafricanair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Plan to Get Your Pay - Possibly?

Demurren of NCAA fame has made it quite clear that all airlines are supposed to pay their bills - especially with reference to the Bellview/ First Nation and Eurocontrol fees debacle.

Would any 'expat' pilots at Arik have the courage and / or contacts to action the following AND would it work?

The 737NG drivers could all agree that after the next promised payday - is it 15 May 2011 or sooner? - if no money is received that all the drivers flying to 'safe' international destinations e.g. LHR, JNB, ACC etc develop nasty illnesse down route just as they are due to fly back to LOS/ ABV. So flight canx and stranded in UK / SA / GH, then the next operating crewing do likewise the next day and so on so now inbound flights to Nigeria.

I'm sure a friendly doctor can be sourced to supply relevant paperwork to cover them and maintain pay and board at Arik's expense. Then through independent channels -Arik Management are told to pay all pilots and ground staff, once pay has been received and is up to date - even up to end of May as a gesture (LOL), pilots will miraculously recover.

You could even get pilots in LOS to 'volunteer' to be flown out to pick up planes and then they could do likewise with the mysterious illness down route...

To ensure no contract crew fly the planes back, I'm sure you could use local Sim Centre Training contacts and even local pilot unions to put word out to steer clear.

I reckon it would take a week to 10 days and 2 x 737NG parked in LHR and 2 in JNB and it would work.

Pilots stuck in NG could also start to snag every problem they can to delay all other flights and declare as many 'no fly' situations as possible.

The national embarassment would force them to pay you.

Don't leave it too long for co-ordinated action, the longer you leave it the less chance you have of getting anything. There should be so hard currency in London after the Easter rush to pay the salaries, get yours before the other suppliers shout for theirs.

THEN GET OUT FOR REAL! (fully paid up) with references untarnished