PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CVR recordings to lose protection under new legislation
Old 25th Sep 2002, 22:55
TwinNDB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boyd and Creampuff

Just to prove that you guys aren't the only ones reading this forum.

As a relatively young member of the aviation community I have a great interest in anything that may affet my future career and those of others that follow behind. I just have one question with regard to what I have been reading here.

If the ATSB is investigating an 'incident' of which, say you were the PIC, and during the investigation you answer all of their questions fully and truthfully and subsequent investigation of the CVR finds you were telling the truth, does that mean you are immune from presectution by CASA (or any other relevant body)?

HOWEVER

If the ATSB is investigating an 'incident' of which, say you were the PIC, and during the investigation you answer all of their questions fully but NOT always truthfully and subequent investigation of the CVR uncovers some of these errors in your statements, does that mean that CASA (or other relavent body's) are now able to prosecute you?

I am not a lawyer, but do have an interest in this area but I am a bit confused as to what some of the statements around here are trying to say.

Twin