PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2011, 19:23
captain.weird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there boy I'm quoting and giving some reactions to you which you really have to nail in your brains!!

I have been reading this forum with great interest and I have realised most CX pilots don't want us to join CX because of the poor T&C's.

Can you blame us (wannabes)? Who wouldn't say yes to an all expenses paid training to become a pilot? This is the cheapest way for some of us who can't afford the exorbitant price to becoming a pilot. Getting paid to eat sandwiches, hell, who cares, bottom line you get paid; even though it ain't enough in Hong Kong.
Listen you nazi pilot, okay this is maybe the cheapest way to become an airline pilot, but this hasn't really to be the reason to enroll this CPP! You have to be motivated, so motivated that you save every cent of your money for flight training! Guys like you which say that only the main reason is that the flight training is for 'free' make me sick of it! If you really want to be a member of the group, you have to be motivated!

How many airlines take international students to be part of their cadet scheme? The fact is that some of you pessimists don't want us there to share the experience of discovering the world without us doing anything in the cockpit.

Do some of you dorks think that living in a scoff tin apartment and eating rice and pig intestines, is really an issue for us wannabes?
Listen 'big' boy, these 'dorks' are professionals, and if you look on the left-top of this site, you read professional pilot rumours network, so these 'dorks' which says that the T&C's are like hell, can be true, but it can't also. Because the most things here on this site are rumours! And if you really do some (good) research you'll see the real benefits package and compare it with the T&C's which the 'dorks' are talking about, and then conclude if it is bull**** or not. I've done a lot of research, and these 'dorks' gave the right answers. But if you can live under these T&C's it is okay for you. And just learn this 'big' boy, these 'dorks' are captains with a lot of hours on the big jets, if you see these 'dorks' on the metro station, on your own flight to your vacation, or god knows where, you will drool!! You will lick their arse!! Don't call them 'dorks' because these are the people from which you really can learn something from!!

Some of us don't have the required finance to get the flying licenses and that's why we have opted for the CX cadetship regardless of the unfair conditions. 6 yrs waiting to become a First Officer, it's really not an issue for some of us who are young
I'll say to you dearest, what do you want to do on the same seat for 6 years?? The first year 1 to 2 years are great! Listen, this is what I also hear from the real cadets in Adelaide and a few who are already a S/O on the 747, it is and it will be really boring after the 2 years, you think sitting back behind is fun? What did you want to do? Your pants off and suckin' your own d*ck? Come on dude, be an adult and show some professionality!!

Fine, Hong Kong isn't the cheapest place on the planet and I don't argue with that but the fact that some of you are giving us advise about this bad cadet scheme is sickening.

If most of you dorks were in our shoes you would probably understand why we are joining this scheme.

Even if we wannabes got the licenses for flying after paying through our noses. Only God knows how long it will take us to get that first job.
The dork here on the location where you are (planet) is you.

Listen, to enroll this CPP you really have to be highly motivated. That is the main factor. If you are highly motivated, you will do your research, learn that booklet your arse off and do everything for CX!

No dearest, you are not motivated to be an airline pilot, you are motivated for FREE training you 'big' boy..

I hope God will forgive me for my unprofessionally words in this post, but this one really frustrated me..