PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DUBLIN - 2
Thread: DUBLIN - 2
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2011, 17:26
ayroplain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Can't wait to see how the DAA plan this one!! First real test of T2.
I'd be more wondering about how the Ground Controllers will manage if the DAA want T2 used in this invasion. While passing through DUB recently I watched an EI A330 land on 28 and exit onto the parallel taxiways which lead directly down to T2. But not for long. It turned left and went on a grand tour of the airfield before finally joining the end of the queue of aircraft stretching back from the 28 holding point. The usual delays at the holding point followed as two turboprops wended their sluggish approach in and bit by bit the 330 edged forward following the others until, finally, sufficient space was there for it to nudge its way left of the queue and around the corner to the south side of T2. Not great if you've just spent 5/6 hours Transatlantic. Given that the Controllers never wanted T2 to be built where it is it will be interesting to see how they handle this unprecedented traffic.

A few questions:

1. Does anyone know how many aircraft are likely to be involved?

2. Am I correct in thinking that the aircraft will be on the ground at DUB all day and depart later after the game? If so, that should be one hell of a sight over by the fire station or even 11/29.

3. Is it likely that the main arrival/departure batches will be timed outside normal busy times at DUB (not too many of those, I know) especially during the morning exodus of FR's and EI's the following day.