PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2011, 14:30
slotsdown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CX Cadetship

I have been reading this forum with great interest and I have realised most CX pilots don't want us to join CX because of the poor T&C's.

Can you blame us (wannabes)? Who wouldn't say yes to an all expenses paid training to become a pilot? This is the cheapest way for some of us who can't afford the exorbitant price to becoming a pilot. Getting paid to eat sandwiches, hell, who cares, bottom line you get paid; even though it ain't enough in Hong Kong.

How many airlines take international students to be part of their cadet scheme? The fact is that some of you pessimists don't want us there to share the experience of discovering the world without us doing anything in the cockpit.

Do some of you dorks think that living in a scoff tin apartment and eating rice and pig intestines, is really an issue for us wannabes?

Some of us don't have the required finance to get the flying licenses and that's why we have opted for the CX cadetship regardless of the unfair conditions. 6 yrs waiting to become a First Officer, it's really not an issue for some of us who are young

Fine, Hong Kong isn't the cheapest place on the planet and I don't argue with that but the fact that some of you are giving us advise about this bad cadet scheme is sickening.

If most of you dorks were in our shoes you would probably understand why we are joining this scheme.

Even if we wannabes got the licenses for flying after paying through our noses. Only God knows how long it will take us to get that first job.