PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "I have control and communications, ECAM actions"
Old 6th May 2011, 12:31
I-2021

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

your clever companion told you that there are no ECAM actions. Ok. So then you clear your failure, and you end up with status, right ? OEBs, computer reset, normal checklist. After that, you read status. He will ask you to remove the status and you will confirm it. What happens now ? The PNF must say "Ecam actions completed", as it is a legal requirement, if something happens later on and your only way to explain what happened is thru the CVR... Ecam actions completed means that you have legally completed your required procedures. But which Ecam actions if, according to what he said, there were none ? So here we are, if something pops up on the Ecam it will be an ecam action as you are definitely going to do something on that ecam, right ? Just clear the failure or perform the actions listed in blue, but you will act anyway. So legally you are going to act. If he says that there are no ecam actions, just reply "ok so don't touch anything", leave the amber failure there. Clearing a failure is an ecam action. Regarding failures that you have to deal with by QRH procedures : you should have the list of all the failures that have a paper procedure in addition or substitution of the ecam, and these will have their "ecam entry". In that case it will be "master caution whatever", then "whatever paper checklist". No need to complicate things.