PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crash-Cork Airport
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2011, 11:20
Norman Stanley Fletcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do not think that easyJet are any different from any other credible airline in Europe - we do not bust minimums. If we cancel flights because the weather is below legal limits, then that is the way it is. Manx2 have been weighed in the balance and found desperately wanting - perhaps a cancelled flight is a small price to pay for getting there alive a day or two later. I would list Manx2 as the exception here - they were just a 2-bit rock-bottom turboprop operator with slack standards and pressure from above to 'get the job done'. I have worked for such outfits myself, and am profoundly grateful to never have that sort of pressure from my own employer now. I am not holding easyJet up as higher than anyone else - we are just the same as the vast majority of serious airlines that exist around the UK today. Until you have experienced what passes for normality in some of these smaller airlines, you cannot really imagine what pressures their pilots work under. If ever there was a case for corporate manslaughter investigations this was it.