PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet Morale Rock Bottom
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2002, 20:44
NorthernSky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the truly offensive thing about this is the 'spin' put on by the managers at easyJet. Their 'head-in-the-sand' attitude displays either incredible ignorance of what's going on in their airline, or utter stupidity in their approach to 'managing' it.

With the inspirational Stelios gone, those calling the shots lack credibility, respect, ability, and even basic management skills.

The remarks about Barbara (above) are spot on. She used her vision, drive, and principles to build a fine airline. So did Stelios. He stepped out, she stood for what she believed in and had to let go.

My only question is, whether the airline's founder will grasp the nettle and set about re-building the business? He built the brand in a magnificent manner, and should keep a close watch on a potential failure.

Meanwhile, those 'at the sharp end' and 'down the back' slave on. I believe they'd be a lot happier if the bosses came out with the truth and said 'we don't value you, we're going to work you into the ground, and we'll pay you as little as we can get away with'. At least, there would be some honesty then... (and honesty is a good first step on the road to respect).