PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline Pilot Jobs in Australia now and in the future
Old 6th May 2011, 02:55
an3_bolt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But all the guys I know (captains) including narrow body are on over $200k which is nothing to sneeze about. I have mates on the 737 nominating to work hard earning $250k. There is money there if you want it.
Not cry poor dude. Just the facts for me. My pay is dropping.

Probably better off looking at the FO wages on the maggott. That would be more realistic - going to be a very very long time to command on a maggott or anything else for someone joining these days. So unfortunately your mates rates for maggotts probably a very long way off for newbies. Great to be on the pay you mention .... but that is if your number is up to get there and it is going to be a very very very long time as an SO/FO before you get that chance.

I
started in GA, like most worked my ring off and lived in poverty for years before getting a break in an airline.
same same dude. NT, PNG etc etc. Enjoyed it all. But the time to promotion and relative salaries of such do not give an appropriate return on investment in my view.

But everyones thoughts are different. Everyones circumstances are different. That is why it is always a personal decision.

Cheers