PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Does What Qantas Can't
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2011, 00:38
whatever6719

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agree with posts above...this change can only be a good thing as long as QF dont act arrogantly (as I fear they will) and simply rest on their laurels and compete by claiming superior network, schedules, lounges, blah blah blah.

As i mentioned on another thread somewhere else, QF have to go back to basics. Lets face it, the Jetstar brand is on the nose with ALOT of people. QF
should do what SQ do with Tiger..distance themselves from it as much as possible. Scrap all the codeshare (which is damaging the QF brand day by day)
and make Jetstar what it was meant to be ...low cost, cheap and cheerful carrier that does not cannibilise mainline.
QF mainline has to regroup and refocus on what it should be (or strives to be). A premium, full service airlne that is able to take advantage of the bouyant economic times we are experiencing. The amount of money being splashed around by people these days is insane and QF needs to capitalise on this and fast!

Unfortunately those at the top have very different priorities and I cant see anything even close to the above happening....sadly