PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline Pilot Jobs in Australia now and in the future
Old 5th May 2011, 22:08
fmcinop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I spent many years in IT to pay for my flying lessons. I loved my job and would still be doing it now if I was unable to fly.

I am now a wide body captain earning far more than the IT guys I used to work for. I love my job, love flying and I would not change a thing.

If you love flying, go for it. Stop listening to the these glass half full guys and do what you want to do.

I have never been told I am overpaid, except my management, but I got that in IT years ago as well. This industry is full of whinging whining individuals who complain and complain, but guess what... They are still here. If it's so bad, why have they not left to go into IT?

If you really love flying, stick with it. If you don't, go back to IT. Maybe the days of the really big bucks are gone, but I am happy with wIth what I get for what I do, i stil love going to work and love flying and that's after over 20 years of doing it.

We have seen the industry expand and then halt many times before so while recruiting may have slowed in the short term, it will sure as hell kick off again very soon.

You do what you feel is right and stop listening to negative comments.