PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet Morale Rock Bottom
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2002, 19:59
fireflybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Firstly, I'd much rather be with Easy than out of work at the moment!

That said I do have every sympathy with low morale in a Company having been there myself. The commonest reason for staff to leave an organisation is "lack of recognition" - pay and conditions rarely are the main reason.

I was recently talking to a friend who is not in the airline business who was complaining bitterly about his job etc. After a while I asked him what he liked about his job. His initial reply was "Nothing". I then asked them if they paid him - "Yes" he replied so I said well there's one good thing about your job. I then asked him about the people he was working with. "A great team - I really like working with them". Do you like the job itself "Yes - I actually love it". So, I said, there are at least three good things about your job: a) they pay you, b)you are working with a good team of people and c) you like the job!!

I am not one of those people that believes positive thinking enables you to turn everything around but it certainly will enable you to do everything better than employing negative thinking!

I know that some of the managment styles out there are pretty appalling but think not what your Company can do for you but what you can do for your Company! With the "lack and limitation programming " that exists in the "datasphere" it is so easy to get caught up in the mindset that there is no way anyone can help to improve things. Step up to a higher standard - don't lose your cool - make sure than you keep communicating with the Company and let them know how you feel but at all times maintain your posture - act professionally even if the Company doesn't.