PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Friendliest Airfield - I dont think so!
Old 5th May 2011, 16:06
whyisitsohard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ha ha, I've just found this thread. Brilliant. I wonder if other professions get so wound up over diddley squit?

FWIW the girls of CA are some of the most strikingly beautiful I have met at an airfield and always charming. If only I wasn't married. And very, very old.

The airfield has its quirks it's true, but with a deep enough pocket I'd buy it tomorrow so stunning are the views.

As for the food not changing, well whether thats right or wrong, I find my pallet hasn't changed much either and a good meal there is always a good meal.

They have a very useful little simulator.

The runway is a good one. Not as billiard ball smooth as Old Sarum I accept, but hell any runway is a good one these days. Maybe pilots would do well to brush up their grass runway techniques and speed control at, say, Compton???

There's always a good trail of non-flying visitors turn up, some pleasant eye candy and if you stay long enough it seems most of HM forces also pitch up at some point in something sort of airworthy.

As for the parking and the out of hours services: well, the hours are something you should sort out before you pay the hangarage fee I'd have thought and the car, well, if a 40k car is SO so precious then you either need to buy a more easily affordable car or get a life. Its just a car.

No, all in all, CA is a nice place to visit and I'd heartily recommend it.

D