PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume (part2)
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2011, 15:15
takata

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

Originally Posted by CONF iture
Here is what the report mentioned :
Although the loss of flight recorder information for the last 19 minutes of the engines-out descent and landing on this occurrence did not adversely affect the investigation to this occurrence, had the circumstances been different, the lack of data following the power loss on both engines could have severely affected the ability of the investigation to make findings as to the causes and contributing factors to this occurrence.
Actually, it is one of my worst fear after the successful recovery of both recorders; I was very confident that they would never give up and finally succeed at finding the wreckage. On the other hand, we are all obviously expecting that everything will be recorded up to the end of the flight... while this voice data recording may be stopped quite some time before she crashed (several minutes before impact), then we will be left with many speculations about what happened next inside this cockpit.

I'm 95% sure that there was no direct stall down from 35,000 fts and that she was not crashed at the end of the ACARS sequence.

Can someone explain how an aircraft may stall during five minutes from altitude without, at some early point, its engine stalling as well?

In a situation where the airfoil was compromised to the point that this airframe could not generate enough lift anymore, why would the airfoil be ok for its powerplants compressors?