PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Does What Qantas Can't
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2011, 13:48
argusmoon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Borghetti as a Bully ?

You know this how ?
I have met Borghetti in both a work and social environment.He has never given any indication that he is a bully.I've seen him angry and impatient.What executive of any company doesnt get miffed from time to time?Borghetti was known as one of the red tail men along with the likes of John Ward and Roger Lindeman.Lindeman and Borghetti work together well.Lindeman is not only astute but is also one of nature's gentleman.I cant see him getting along well with a bully.
It is fact that Borghetti and Dixon butted heads.To Dixon Borghetti represented the old Qantas culture and had more airline experience.Borghetti had already been with Qantas for 20 years before it was floated.He understood the concept of service excellence.Dixon managed to destroy that concept.Does anyone honestly think Borghetti would willingly destroy a culture that he was a party to creating ?
Perhaps he will introduce the old Qantas Culture to Virgin.The culture that worked and made Qantas what it once was.A damned good airline.Not the mess it is now.You can thank Dixon for that