PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any pilots left who *enjoy* this profession?
Old 5th May 2011, 12:18
Bladestrike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Over 25 years in the industry and living every minute of it!

Did the bush thing, all on your own, slinging drills and bucketing on fires, living in tents, absolutely loved every minute of it.

Did the EMS thing, flying IFR twins but keeping one wheel of a S76 on a floating dock while a couple of medics load/unload a stretcher, at least once a month, kept things very challenging indeed. Home most everynight and never knew where you were going when the phone rang, rerouting IFR for higher priority calls, lots of comradery with fellow crewmen..different than the bush flying but loved every minute of it!

Doing the offshore thing, lots of solid mins IFR, challenging weather, demanding customer, tricky flight planning, keeping up to date on ever-changing SOPs, flying with other experienced guys and never stop learning, running the sim/training, loving every minute of it.

Touring, well, I've only filled in abit on some international gigs but now I''m commited to it, excited to see and work with new cultures, the scenary, foods....I'm quite sure to love every minute of it.

Whenever it gets you down, just take a look out your cockpit window, think about the challenges you face daily, and consider a 9 to 5 in a cubicle in comparison......