PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Applying for a new AOC
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2011, 11:22
aroa

Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts
AOC dreaming...

Wonder what planet WWWW lives on....??

CASA hasnt changed that much in 20 years....and I speak from experience

Then with business plan, $$s in the bank, many years of aviating experience, and all the paperwork as required a good friend of mine applied for a charter AOC for a tourist venture

I wont bore you with all the gruesome details, but whether the local infamous office was either lazy and incompetant, deciding that no more AOCs should exist in the already busy region, or protecting mates operations from further competition , we'll never know.

After 8 months he went political and 5 months later he had an AOC.
By this time after feeding a family, driving buses to survive he is nearly broke.
So much for all the CASA bs requiremnts re yr financial viability to operate and maintain an aircraft.

When his cross-hired Cherokee 6 was not available at short notice for a charter and a Cessna 206 was...the business was lost because CASA said that it would take 2 weeks to remove one and 2 months to put the other on the AOC. And this is for a CPL that says you can fly any aeroplane up 5700KG. Which proves the point that the AOC is a "work permit" and a commercial stop/go mechanism. Why no "cover note" until they do the paperwork.???
And if a business suffers.. do these leeches give a tuppenny fcuk.! No way.

And so it went, and finally with a severe downturn in tourism, he called it quits.
Very much the poorer and wiser, now a seriously confirmed CASA hater, and now a happy NON aviator.

Sound familiar...!
So goeth GA.