PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair exodus, what is the plan?
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2011, 09:06
Mikehotel152

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure how MH152 can take issue with PAPI's fairly reasoned description of his travel woes. Unfortunately, like a lot of my colleagues in FR, MH seems to be very comfortable in his Ryanair blinkers
@adolf

I didn't and I have never said pax have a barrel of laughs on FR flights. Never was cattle class a more apt description. If you read my post again you willl see that I sympathised but said that young children rarely get separated from their parents in my experience.

Moreover, if you read my posts on pprune and elsewhere you will see that I am not comfortable at FR. I'm doing my job to a good standard of professionalisn and have no shame in admitting that I enjoy certain aspects of it, however I fully understand the reasons for the 'exodus'.

As for the hours issue, it is very rare that I fly a full week of earlies and that is in the context of a maximum hours per month of 80 over the last year. I am doing more hours this 'summer' but my max of 90 per month so far includes a standby every week. It's tiring, but Captains flying a full roster do have a much harder and more tiring time.