PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Italian ATCOs sentenced for allowing visual approach which went bad
Old 5th May 2011, 08:43
drag king

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Irony is lost on soem people
Maybe. But some folks ended up in jail for real and not as part of a joke or prank. And as an Italian I am not the slightest proud of the court's outcome of both accidents nor I am of the way justice is handled but I have few ATCO friends over there, I fly as a commercial pilot in UK and I did the bulk of my training in USA. It all helped to figure out that despite a questionable English (in some case, not all...) and very little job-satisfaction (in monetary terms, compared to other colleagues i.e. the spanish) those folks are professionals with nothing to envy to other skywatchers. Comments like:

I'm highly embarrassed to be an Italian. They are moronic, but fortunately my parents had the wherewithal to GTFO of there decades ago. Their best and brightest have already left the country. To be fair, the North actually has their act together for the most part.. If they'd only secede from the rest of the third world.
or

Be very careful when flying there (or even over)...
are not even worth the time spent to read them.

Cptn Bloggs, my apologises if I misunderstood you joke and over-reacted but the way it was posted didn't sound like that.

Enough for me, I have never spared any criticism to my homeland (and I never will) when things weren't looking right but ruthless insulting is something I don't stand very well, especially when it comes from someone that hides behind a nickname like the 2 smart-asses quoted above...

Ciao

DK