PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair exodus, what is the plan?
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2011, 08:06
adolf hucker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have to agree with PAPI about the Ryanair experience. As a captain with Ryanair, I refuse to subject my family to the cynical, opportunistic and generally naff experience that results when one travels with Europe's leading low class airline. I also discourage anyone who asks me about the airline from using it.

Not sure how MH152 can take issue with PAPI's fairly reasoned description of his travel woes. Unfortunately, like a lot of my colleagues in FR, MH seems to be very comfortable in his Ryanair blinkers (available on Crewdock, cost deducted from sector pay).

If you think doing 4 sectors on earlies for 5 days running is sensible, you need your head examining. That's up to 45 hours of demanding flying for 20 sectors concurrently. If your performance is not degraded at the end of that you are a better man than me. To justify it because you need the money does not mean it's good rostering, it means you have a crap contract.

Unfortunately, many of us in Ryanair choose to avoid facing many inconvenient truths. Right from the beginning, when you pay for your interview, pay 25,000 euros for 10,000 euro type rating you are being treated as another mug to fleece rather than as an asset to the company. Best ignore that, then.

Get put on a Brookfield contract with no benefits and zero security if unable to work. Ignore it, it'll be fine. (Until you lose your medical for a year and have to sell your house like one of our colleagues).

Move, at your own expense, to another base and take a pay cut for the privilege - no problem. Ryanair pulls out of that base in a tantrum and you have to relocate to the other end of Europe - great.

This is not thread drift, by the way. I'm a Ryanair pilot and I have joined the exodus.