PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet Morale Rock Bottom
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2002, 17:14
YAK PILOT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a few comments after reading the above,

1. Morale does not have to be low when working for an LCA! The excellent roster practices employed at GO are testament to the fact that stable, acceptable rosters are possible and yet still work to the FTL.

2. GO had very healthy profits without screwing the workforce.

3. Why should it be an automatic conclusion that to improve ones working enviroment that to "walk" is the only option.

4. Industrial action should not be discounted just because of the present aviation climate. No one would wish to go on strike but for management to take notice then this threat must be employed and that the majority of pilots are prepared to back action should it be necessary. Easyjet nor Ryanair can suddenly conjure up several hundred 737 pilots. We have the power NOT management!

5. If the employers wish to screw the workers then they will not have a profitable company as a result.

The morale at GO was very high before the takeover. Many are worried that we are slipping towards a Ryanair attitude to staff. This fear is not allayed by Mr Websters' remarks made in a recent Telegraph interview denegrating Cassani. She was respected by all at GO. Remarks against her are more likely to alienate his new workforce. Not a clever move by a CEO.
Indeed if we could swap Cassani for Webster we would all have a brighter future!!!

And now I have just read the last two replies and wonder why I bother posting anything on this forum. Oh well.......