PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume (part2)
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2011, 01:35
Machinbird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I distrust BEA and the Principals,
Yes, you have made that ABUNDANTLY clear. Does repeating it 'ad nauseam' make it more correct?

We all realize the need to be cautious where conflicting interests exist, but do we need to re-state this position every time we speak? I believe BEA will present accurate raw data, but the real potential for bias lies in the interpretation of that data! That which is not said can speak volumes.

the pilots (AF< UNION) as much as gave up the answers when they struck.
I have no reason to believe that the pilot's union has any better information as to the cause of the loss of AF447 than the rest of us do. They saw one area of potential uncertainty and demanded it be corrected, but in reality, there is no assurance (as of the present moment) that the changing of the Pitot tubes could have made any difference in the outcome for AF447.
If AF447 actually pitched up and stalled for another reason-the Perpignan accident indicates we would have seen the same type messages regarding the ADR systems.
Lets just quietly watch events unfold and speak up when things don't look quite right or we do not understand. After waiting almost 2 years for answers, we may see some sooner than we can imagine.