PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume (part2)
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2011, 21:05
mm43

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3holelover;
One shows a fuselage with bits of fin attached, and the other shows a fin with bits of fuselage attached.
Precisely! The only problem we have is that this thread keeps readdressing this issue ad infinitum.

The only relationship between AA587 and AF447 is that they were both Airbus aircraft and used a similar vertical stabilizer design. The first lost its V/S in the air, while AF447 clearly lost it during the course of a high 'g' impact of the aircraft with terra oceania and consequential to the break-up forces produced at that time.

I'm sure that I shouldn't need to repeat that. The BEA have stated that and shown ample evidence of the trauma caused to the clevis joints and the parts of the empennage that came away with the fin. Every other argument in favour of an airborne demise of the fin is doomed to fail, as no-one will be able to conjure up a source for the 'g' forces that could cause the damage so recorded. On the other hand, the damage amply equates to the BEA's description of the impact - further confirmed by more recent photographic evidence.

Now, the above rant is the way I see things, and I am well aware that the conspiracy theorists will see it differently.