PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone interested in the Profession anymore?
Old 4th May 2011, 19:18
73addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I personally love the job and despite having been burnt a few times during recessions still look forward to going to work and doing my job. I am firmly in the corner of work to live but I cannot think of anything I would rather do.
I am deeply saddened by the ever deteriorating T and C's as it only undermines our responsibility and the reality of exactly what we do and the lives depending on us. I will also NOT be encouraging my children to follow in my footsteps but I can only hope they find a career that they love as much as I love flying.
Anyone who says or thinks we are paid too much needs a reality check I think. For the last 2 years I have been away from my family more than should ever be expected and combined with appalling rosters, or lack there of, has meant that I have worked for a pittance in relation to the duty time I have put in. I also love the fact that people book a holiday and just expect to get there. There is no reality check of what it takes to get them to their destination.
As I said at the beginning I am a lifer in this industry, for my sins, but I won't be recommending it to anyone!