PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 4th May 2011, 18:44
Kempus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi folks,

Well my mail box is full of people sending me a pm asking questions about the interview and what the actual questions were. Well I'm afraid I don't have the time to reply to everyone individually but were I got all my info was in this very thread!

For those worried about the ATPL questions the ACE technical pilot book is all you need. I know there are errors in it and the fact you can spot them is a good thing! I'd say have a look at RVSM, etops, cold weather ops, fmc operations(no need for type specific but more the values you enter), performance and you will be ok!

Maths test brush up long division and square root as it will help you! They look for actual answers and it is all arithmetic based questions like what we use on a daily basis eg speed time distance as well as basic algebra and fractions!

Compass test is hand eye foot co ordination with some multiple tasking. It's not advanced compass for all you that asked so don't stress about that!

As for the interview have a look at the Ba dep selection thread. It is full of behavior type questions. Not many customer service questions so concentrate on flying scenarios of when something has happened within in the crew! Always think CRM in every answer and it will help!

Group exercise is dependent on the number in the group but it's all about how you communicate rather than the outcome! The ones who struggled at this stage and subsequently didn't make it their English wasn't the best so get as much practice speaking English as you can and if you don't understand anything say so or if you have a point to say make yourself heard! Guy on selection in other group had some excellent ideas which he shared afterwards but didnt have the confidence to interupt the rest of the group. Involve everyone!!!!!!!

Now the sim, visual cicuit easy enough. I did it in the a310 but really can't say much on pitch and power as I've forgot but trail and error. I got a "don't sink" message at one point, corrected for it, nothing said! FLY the plane and trim!!
Also a v1 cut, standard opc/lpc stuff we do every 6 months! Stick to your companies sop's! Do what you would in your bi annual sim check! FLY the aircraft!!

Now the selection procedure is changing with pre selection happening locally around the globe so if any of the above is valid I don't know and wouldnt say to anyone this is all you need to know!!

I had 1 week to prepare for my assessment and got all my info from here and the know the search function works!

Good luck and hopefully see you out there!

Kempus