PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 5
Thread: Aer Lingus - 5
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2011, 18:40
EI Premier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can't base those types of long term investment decisions on current market conditions. As senior manager, you get the best information you can, listen to as many opinions as you can and finally you make a best guess.
Indeed,

But that's not what transpired in relation to the A350 order. Instead, it was undertaken under the tenure of the ever expansionary Dermot Mannion who incessantly claimed that EI was ''moving forward''.

To have a uniform Long Haul fleet capacity of in excess of 300 Pax per aircraft in the longer term is adverse in the case of EI - it is not appropriate for additional frequencies on routes such as DUB-BOS, DUB-MCO or on such routes during seasonal periods of limited demand.

I'd like to see EI innovate with its transatlantic service.

Specifically, I'd like to see a day time departure from JFK that gets into DUB around 22:30/23:00.

I'd use it...
That's an excellent point. If the economy had not collapsed so dramatically, this may well have been developed by now. The only issue is that wouldn't an aircraft the size of the B757 be more suited to capacity for this route?

EI Premier