PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2011, 15:16
HighOnProfile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For the benefit of those who weren't there...

No, surprises but some confirmations, here's a quick sum up. Please fill in if I missed, or misunderstood something. PM me if you consider any of the below information inappropriate or "sensitive" and I will delete it.

Bonus
- A 3 week bonus for all employees has been officially confirmed. It will come on a separate pay check once...hmm...it's been finalized who and how many will be taken off the payroll.

Fleet "news"
- A320 (normal) A/C are coming as planned, starting from July.
- A320/A321 Long Range A/C are to be delivered from beginning of next year.
- Not 100% finalized, but "almost certain" that they will go for Bombardier C-series which includes 4 A318 (first to arrive in November) to cover the gap in deliveries and provide a "bridge" between regional jet and A320 operation.
- A330 delivery put on hold, but will in the future replace the existing ones.
- B787 still on order but far enough in the future to be considered speculation.
- Still battling to get rid of the A340 in order to facilitate an efficient A320/A330 mixed fleet operation.
- Direct entry EMB-guys will not be thrown out upon the end of EMB lease.
- The CM1/CM2 major SOP change not yet confirmed but being evaluated...(no change there then)

Kabul
- Plans going ahead but security is still being evaluated.
- A security brief will be held before commencement of operation.

"Technical sickness"
- Is identified as a major problem and is being addressed.

Leave tickets
- Several complaints have been raised. The problem has been acknowledged and will be addressed.

Roster changes
- Is a factor and will keep being a factor due to things like commercial demand etc. Once mixed fleet is in operation a change may be seen.

Roster request
- The lack of approved roster request will be looked into.

Finance
- GF cut costs BD40-50 million 2010.

It should also be mentioned that the company acknowledges and appreciates all employees efforts and loyalty throughout the recent events.

Happy landings!