PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airmed vs Jerez
Thread: Airmed vs Jerez
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2011, 13:29
despegue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airmed used to be the best Spain had to offer. I'm talking here 2001/2003. After a reorganisation, there was a ot of cost-cutting, quality deteriorated quickly due to most experienced instructors leaving to for example FTE Jerez.
The good thing is that they still do basic training with aircraft fitted with conventional instruments. This is very important as it is the BASIC of flying. NEVER EVER learn to fly from day one with EFIS/GLASS COCKPIT. I personally hesitate to accept applications from cadets coming from an all-glas-cockpit training environment. They have no clue anymore about the basics like scanning, partial panel, RMI tracking etc. etc. Very sad really.

I don't know what is the deal at the moment, their Head of Training is the ex. Head of Training A340 of Iberia and the Chief Flight instructor is a good, capable and motivated man.
They are also moving the complete academy to a new building this month it seems. Don't know why because their installations were one of the best in Spain if not Europe.