PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Identify this helo: Bin Laden compound
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2011, 11:33
FlyHiGuy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Something seems fishy !

Hello fellow rotor heads. I don't doubt that its possible that some sort of quieting TR has been developed for the H-60 but something seems fishy about these two sets of pics. The one with the mystery 5-bladed hub is taken of an assembly of some sort that is sort of depicted to show it strewn over a wall. This wall is completely different than the wall in the other photos. In addition, the assembly itself seems to be not genuine aviation construction - it almost looks like a welded seam going up what would/could/should be the vertical tail structure. Anyway - the photos that are all over the press show the brick constructed wall and that is clearly an S-70/H-60 tail. It does indeed look like it could be an MH-60K because it has the Naval Hawk's foldable rectangular stabilators in lieu of the more rounded standard Black Hawk stabilator. Just as with the Marine/HMX-1 Presidential VH-60N hybrids, the "Special K's" were made to be shipboard compatible. ANyway - back to the main issue: that odd mystery structure just somehow doesn't seem genuine to me based on the wall - not on the viability of the tail design...Any other POV's welcome though - this is just my first reaction.