PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crash-Cork Airport
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2011, 10:06
Herc708

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is a sub-issue in here - was it appropriate for this unfortunate individual, who took his own life, to be flying for either the Spanish airline or potentially Jet2

It seems to me that the person may have been under severe financial pressure because he can't have been making any money from the Spanish airline and would be paying up front for a Jet2 rating to be followed by some sort of part-time contract on rubbish money

I am no medical expert, but I cannot imagine someone going from a reasonable person to suicidal in such a short space of time since the unfortuate incident in Cork. In addition, to have made it through the Jet2 recruitment process is a bit surprising given the many hoops that have to be jumped to get to the point where you have to cough up for your rating

It also proves that pilots (who did the Jet2 interviews) are not qualified or entitled to ask inappropriate questions about personality etc. These are best left to a psychiatrist. When I applied for a cleaning job at Aer Lingus, in addition to being screened by 2 cleaners and an HR bod, I spent some time with the company psychiatrist who ventured into my personality. It was some time ago - but needless to say I am not cleaning Aer Lingus aircraft