PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Direct Entry Captains at Emirates
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2011, 09:02
captjns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The UAE may a life style that some may enjoy and some may feel imposing.

Before applying, be it with Emirates, FLYDubai, Etihad, or Qatar, one must do comprehensive research as to see if UAE is a viable alternative to their current situation be it at home or at a different place on the planet.

Potential possible disappointment(s) can be avoided by one doing their homework... especially when young families are involved.

Jobs in the region will still be there after research has been completed and issues have been discussed with family members.

Over my 21 years as an expat in different parts of the world, I’ve heard the typical “Gee had I known that…..” or I would have never come here had I known…” So again, don’t disrupt your personal and family life because of lack of information before accepting the job without understanding and complete disclosure to your loved ones.

Where ever you go, expat support networks can help to buffer and temper the transition to the new life style, and help educate new individuals of the dos and don’ts within the region.

Given the alternatives there are not many choices out there, especially for First Officers.

Good luck to one and all.