PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPL training in the USA then employment in Brazil
Old 4th May 2011, 02:23
GBV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1st class medical -> CPL-IR regulation test -> fly up to proficiency (you need to be day and night current) -> take the flight ck (no oral) just one flight, usually a bit of X-country with a single IFR app (no stalls, no Vmc...this are the standards here )

Well, when i converted my foreign license in Brazil not long ago i did about 4 IFR apps (VOR, NDB, ILS). One of the VOR apps were flown simulating an engine failure. Besides that, i was required to do stalls and steep turns. Of course, in some airports there's no ILS intalled, so you may skip that one. Also, not everybody does an app in single engine during his/her check, it's up to the checkrider.

what`s the problem with you? is the truth so hard on you? Everything I write is from personal experience, when I make a comment on how the standards are I do it because I know how they could be and how THEY SHOULD BE! having seen the rest of the aviation world (and not only USA and EU).
You are right when you say that in some parts of Brazil standards are low, but there are a lot of good pilots too. I have been an expat for almost 5 years now (bush flying and wide-body experience) and honestly, i don't see anyone much better than myself and other Brazilians. Of course, you have folks who don't speak English and don't study, but you shouldn't say ALL Brazilians are like that.

BTW, i have been to the US and it didn't impress me. Aviation in Florida is as corrupt as in some parts of Brazil, most of the single-engine instructors are foreings working on J-1 visas trying to get some flying time. I doubt they are excellent instructors as you say. If you try to convert your FAA license in Europe they will laugh at you.

Bear in mind that with your attitude you wouldn't get a job in Brazil even being a Brazilian citzen. You couldn't even get that job to fly a C208 in Indonesia...

Cheers!