PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saudi Aramco
Thread: Saudi Aramco
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2011, 00:30
gulliBell

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Joebootx
I keep seeing that Saudi Aramco is looking for helicopter pilots. Anybody happen to work for them on this forum? Would be interested in any input about the position. Thanks.
I worked there for a year, but as a poor cousin contractor pilot doing more work for a lot less pay than the genuine Aramco pilots doing the same job as me.

I found the operation very professional and, particularly from the camaraderie aspect, I enjoyed my time there. The cultural aspects are, at least initially, more challenging than the job itself, and the intensity of summer is something you just never get used to! Although now I expect all their helicopters have air conditioning, whereas before the old 212's had none.

The fact that their pilots, on average, tend to stay there for a very long time is testament to the fact that it's a pretty good job. Certainly it's smiles all round come pay day.

If you can get hired as a permanent ARAMCON then I say go for it! I'd certainly go back there if the opportunity presented itself.

Last edited by gulliBell; 4th May 2011 at 09:06.