PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair exodus, what is the plan?
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2011, 18:49
Mikehotel152

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@DrSpock

Er, no, I think you need to re-read everything I've ever written on this and other Ryanair threads. I'm not defending the Airline but pointing out a few truths to PAPI-74 who has confessed to harbouring hatred for Ryanair and evidently also has contempt for its pilots.

Why is it so hard for you to believe that I enjoy flying the 738? If you don't, then you really are in the wrong line of work. I'm not saying that everyday is a dream, but I'm not going to deny that I enjoy my day-to-day job. What on earth is wrong with that? Are you serious?

As for your point that the reason the majority of the Ryanair workforce want to fly lots in the summer is exactly what I said! We're paid by the hour and the greater number of hours in the summer make up for the rubbish winter hours. I didn't highlight this as a benefit - I simply made the point to Papi-74 that I'm more than happy to work longer hours over the summer. I simply don't see it as 'hard' to work 90 hours over 12 flying days this month. I do it in the knowledge that I need the money.

As for the 'crack' jibe, you clearly have more experience of the substance than I do. But I do jumpseat to my base from Stansted weekly and I fly hundreds of flights for Ryanair each year and I stand by my point that it is incredibly rare for children aged under 10 to be separated from their parents by unsympathetic cabin and flight crew. I never said the punters were 'happy' all the time, but I honestly rarely see people 'having a go' at the cabin crew. The notion that every Ryanair flight is a bun-fight is BS.

DrSpock, as for your allegation that I'm defending the company or that I'm part of the inner circle and want to stay , I think you should re-read my posts on pprune before attacking me without justification.