PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lost Navy SEALS Helo.....Wot really happened??
Old 3rd May 2011, 17:31
What Traffic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EDIT: Sorry, I took too long to post, didn't mean to rehash some of the same stuff.

The more I look at the photos of the helicopter bits, the curiouser and curiouser the nature of the aircraft becomes. The H stabilator has a pronounced sweep. The tail rotor looks to be 5 bladed, equal spacing, with a large center disk as observed previously. The portion of the tail boom that appears to lack significant visible damage seems to have a pretty dramatically different profile. 160th in the past has played around with quiet tail rotors and various interesting changes to their aircraft, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was a variant of something that previously has not been seen. Then again, after an exhaustive battery of tests I have been certified an idiot by several medical authorities and I'm working off of a couple grainy pictures of broken parts, so who's to say what's really going on. For all I know they blew it in place and left some extra bits around to send various foreign intelligence services into a tizzy.

I would be most interested to see what someone with more knowledge than me (just about everybody) thinks.