PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer lingus cadetship....
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2011, 14:14
MCDU2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi guys, rumour has it that aer lingus pilots had a meeting last week and they are strongly considering starting up a cadetship again. i believe it will discussed at the upcoming agm.
Maybe you weren't clear in the way you wrote but just to clarify....The Aer Lingus pilot body has no influence whatsoever on whether a cadetship will be started up. This is purely a management decision. I wouldn't have thought it would be a topic for the AGM either. Be way to important to raise when there are things like oil prices, potential takeovers, yields, a worldwide recession, the US dollar etc to discuss.

There was a special general meeting of IALPA last week but that was to discuss the deteriorating relationship between us and management largely in relation to fatigue inducing rostering and the fact we yet again are facing a summer without enough pilots due to an almighty cockup. Many of us are now working to a 5 on 1 off summer roster with max duty days and a combination of earlies to lates and vice versa all in the same week.

All told I understand that there are at least 40 leaving for the likes of BA, Virgin and the Middle East with the number seemingly increasing as people get sick and tired of more crap. On top of that we lost the 70 most senior pilots at the end of last year. Not bad considering there was only about 550 of us all told.

But to bring this thread back on topic I am hearing rumours of a cadetship but have no information on the format it will take and whether any exchange of money will be involved.