PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 5
Thread: Aer Lingus - 5
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2011, 12:07
brian_dromey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe that EIR is reflective of the new strategy, more interest in yields than load factors. This is the right strategy, IMHO. EI are leaving the 1c passengers to FR and others, while there may be a lot of them, they are the first to disappear in recession.

Arguments about the runway at DUB and requirements to stop at SNN are in the past. It's time to move on. EI have a serious problem, in the shape of those A350s. They are far too large and are comically over capable for short runs over the Atlantic. Hopefully these early positions will be attractive to EIs new majority owner, or they can swap them for a dozen A321NEO. The A330 is more than capable of servig EI very well into the 2020s.

I'm not convinced about the 319 for EI, as it was envisioned above. One less cabin crew and 30 less seats is hardly worth it. The gap between the ATR and next smallest aircraft would still be too large. I would expect these to be replacing A320s, allowing better yield and higher loads. Not all routes require the 174 seats of the A320.