PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair exodus, what is the plan?
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2011, 10:58
DrSpock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mike,

In fact, we relish the summer hours at Ryanair because flying the 738 is great fun and we're paid by the hour.
you cant be serious, are you for real? - i enjoy flying as much as the next pilot, but some of the summertime weeks i've done in RYR have been horrendous and i've certainly been extremely fatigued. I could word this far more strongly given some things i've experienced and witnessed, but i'll just say that i chuckled when i saw that our next recurrent training topic is to do with fatigue management.

no, Mike, the reason people want to fly lots in the summer at RYR is because half the workforce (or more than half?) earn little during the winter, because they're contractors - paid by the hour, which you highlighted as though it were some kind of benefit. Fatigue or no fatigue, everyone has bills to pay.

Your 'horrendous' experience as a passenger with children is an incredibly rare event at Ryanair.
Again, i can only assume you smoke crack - Have you ever jump seated on RYR at all? i've lost count of the times i've seen PAX treated like by crew and airport staff alike. I've felt ashamed to be in their unifom (its actually my uniform because i bought it). I remember a near-riot last summer while commuting back to the uk (on my day off). PAX left standing in line, with kids, for 50 minutes, well before the plane had even landed, in a boiling hot over-crowded nasty low cost terminal - some vile check in desk nazi screwing lots of them for money because their bag was very marginally overstuffed. They were not happy punters Mike.

I dont know why you're defending this joke airline - you can only be part of the brown-nosed inner circle i suppose. The rest of us are eager to get out and leave you to it mate. I hope that over time, theres a reduction in the quality of pilots working for RYR - down to the standard of the rest of the company, as the good guys steadily get poached. I also hope that the better PAX begin to move away and leave RYR for the strata of society who unfortunately for them have no alternative.