PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Murdering the Maharaja
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2011, 05:30
royskaria

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@alloute3: The post made by rdr is taken from an anonymous comment left on my blog and the contents of them cannot be independently verified. The person in question seems to be now working in a Middle-eastern carrier (inference based on some photos seen on a social networking site).

I have received many emails in support, most touching of all was from some staff of a rival airline (Jet Airways). Pilots all over go through the same hardship and heartbreak when they see their jobs under threat. This kind of support is heartening indeed!

After all , what is to stop corporate raiders from using the same tactic to tomorrow go after Jet. These people did the same thing to Air Deccan: drove down the valuation of the airline, picked it up for cheap and then sold off the assets piecemeal for a profit. Now they are trying to do it with Air INdia, adn next it could be Jet (though rumors are the next target for the raider is Go Airways).

Is the article about saving air india? Not in the least! It is about saving Indian aviation and cleaning up the Civil Aviation Ministry in the same way as people earlier did with Telecom. Air India itself needs to be privatised: but as I have said in my blog: it has to be done after the valuations have been set right. A 3 year period in which the house can be set in order and the airline can be sold through either strategic sale (to the Tata's or the Dhoots of Videocon and others who have shown interest in the past) or through an IPO.

This is one instance where we can see how corruption can destroy the aviation industry and put thousands of jobs at risk only for the benefit of some corporate shark. We cannot and will not let that happen!