PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA aborted takeoff at Pisa?
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2002, 11:05
A300Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crack and Wedge

Crack
I think you have perhaps clicked on the thread and scanned the points too quickly to have really understood the details of what Wedge was asking and why. As I said in my previous post here, if the subject doesn't interest YOU, it doesn't mean that it does not interest SOMEONE ELSE.

This being the case, think what you will privately and skip onto the next thread. But, by default, you have visited the thread and have made a comment. Why did you do that, if you felt that the whole subject was crap and sensationalism?

Wedge
I still agree with you 100% with your comments above. BUT, don't get too hot under the collar mate. Comments like those above (Crack's) are best laughed at and ignored, rather than playing into his hands. Take it easy, huh?

It continually amazes me how passionate people become about their subject.......but that is nothing more than testament to the fact that we are all involved in one of the best and most interesting industries around!!!

In conclusion, an aborted take off is NOT AT ALL a sensational piece of news for most of us. However, for a passenger in the back of the aeroplane (I could be that passenger - I am not a pilot), an aborted take off is a scary and frightening experience. Don't you agree Crack? If Wedge is just trying to use this Forum to obtain some info to put a passengers mind at ease (remember that passengers are our EMPLOYERS!!!), then why the hell not? It's not a crime.

Anyway - enough of my spouting forth - I am off now to have a G&T.

A300Man