PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair exodus, what is the plan?
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2011, 22:19
Too Few Stripes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With the serious lack of crew and the continuing sprint for the exit by those remaining, I cannot see how RYR will manage to crew their summer schedule. I can only speculate that most if not all bases will move to a 5/3 pattern with serious roster disruption and even more days spent operating 'out of base' with the knock on effect of losing more days off to position around the network.

I am one of the lucky ones who no longer works with/for RYR, they employ some fantastic people (pilots, cc, ground crew etc) and then seem to do their absolute best to pi$$ everyone off so much that they feel they have no choice but to leave. I can't recall one single FO that I flew with who seen their future with RYR, not one! It was really disappointing to discover, first hand, how good RYR could be with just a few (and cost neutral) tweaks but the top management attitude (which filters down through middle management and Base Captains) is screw everyone, we don't care about morale, we'll go out of our way to be difficult and aggressive, don't plan on having a life when you work with RYR as they can, and will, move you to another base in the blink of an eye. Only one thing will be certain, it will never be anywhere near your base of choice !

It's by no means a sinking ship, RYR are a massive company and people will continue to buy their tickets as long as the prices remain low. There will be no shortage of cadet candidates as it's one of the very few ways to get into the airline industry with your freshly printed frozen ATPL (although how quickly they can get these guys online to cover those leaving is another matter!). There will always be a number of DEC's available but by and large RYR will be simply a stepping stone for them, somewhere to tread water, keep current and earn a few Euros until an opening in a more traditional airline opens up.

With just a few changes, most of them 'attitude adjustments', RYR could be THE place to be, but at the moment it's THE place to leave.

Safe flying one and all.