PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin recruiting soon...
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2011, 18:33
Callsign Kilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
X-Centric, Your head must be like a balloon ready to burst? Airlines like VS are seeking you out personally to fly their 744s? Be careful of that ego; don't get carried away! Potentially a dangerous personality in the FD with a serious implication to CRM if we believe we are King Pin! Surprisingly and indeed contrary to your own personal experience, rated and experienced A330/340 operators have heard sweet FA from "the office." Maybe they are on the wrong type or possibly the sun doesn't shine so well from their sixes?

I'll give you that. VS are keen to cull when the going gets rough. I know two guys personally who were at the sharp end of the sword during the last go around. Funnily they were both recruited as DEPs from....wait for it.....Ok......almost there.....mmmmm......you guessed it.........RYANAIR. Big whoop, I know. Maybe you were just unlucky (or lucky). Application fell down the side of the filing cabinet and all that!

PS. It was about 20 FR guys who were recruited by VS during the previous pre recession expansion. DEP to the 744 and A340.