PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 2nd May 2011, 13:19
Old King Coal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil Being a bit of a Devil

I agree with some of what's been said,... but not all.

Recent failures in the sim, on the line, and also of some Command upgrades, probably reflect the tightening of the recruitment market (in terms of pilot ability & availability) than any fundamental change in the required 'standard', i.e. the Standard hasn't changed and the Training hasn't changed, so go figure what has changed?!

Now as for recently upgraded 'A' scale F/O's not getting the 'A' scale Captain's pay rise, well I'm actually quite surprised that flydubai didn't take the opportunity to put those 'A' scale F/O upgraders onto the Captains 'B' scale ?!

It would surely be fairer if F/O's newly promoted into the LHS were on the same salary scale as any Direct Entry Captain who joined on the same date on which that F/O achieved their upgrade?!

I'm equally surprised that recently upgraded F/O's did not have to pull a new seniority number, i.e. one from the bottom of the Captains list… they are, after all, on a new Contract as a Captain (than as per their previous contract as an F/O) ?!

So we now have a situation where Direct Entry Captains who joined, say, 12 months ago, are now sliding down the Captains seniority list (important for thinks like leave bids) as & when those who where F/O's achieve a Command (F/O's who joined, say, 18 months ago) ?!

Again, it would surely be fairer if F/O's whom have newly upgraded to Captain were junior (in terms of seniority number) to those who have held that rank within the company for a longer period ?!