PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin recruiting soon...
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2011, 11:00
X-Centric

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Why?

I have a question for all of you queuing up to apply to Virgin: why? Remember when they got rid of the Classic years ago? Branson tried to dismiss all of the Classic pilots because he claimed that it was too expensive to retrain them on the 400! Fortunately the unions fought to over turn this decision. Have you noticed what Virgin do every time there is anything from a hiccup in the economy to a natural disaster? That's right they chop the bottom 120+ pilots off the bottom of their seniority list, no loyalty, no compassion just out the Virgin revolving door you go.

I remember how pompous they were in past times, including on these forums, of how special it was to work for Virgin, how great you had to be, with squillions of hours to be considered How they favored ex-military pilots & wouldn't even consider anyone who had worked for Ryanair. How times have changed. I now fly the 747-400 & I haven't applied to Virgin: the last time I did was when I was at FR: that time they never bothered to respond to my application. Now they are sending out e-mails asking me to apply, following this up with a reminder &, remember, I haven't even updated my c.v. with them: they still know me as a Ryanair pilot.

Be very careful of Virgin, their management are O'Learys in sheep's clothing. Would you invest all of your cash in a Fund that was likely to wipe you out financially without any previous indication? Would you walk across a snow covered precipice not knowing where the snow would give way & plunge you into a frozen crevice? In the same context that's the gamble you take when you join Virgin at the bottom of the seniority list. Go to BA instead, a far better outfit in every way shape & form.