PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singapore Airlines Looking for Cadet Pilots in India , University Degree Required
Old 2nd May 2011, 06:51
ngirish1986

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1st round interview

Hi everyone!!

I thought this might be a good time to post some useful pointers for interviewees! The following tips were given to me by a very good friend of mine who has previously cleared the 1stround.
These points though simple/ordinary could in fact be the catalyst.

1. Be yourself. They just want to know you better as a person. Questions will range from "tell us about yourself" to " why have you chosen this prog ". Expect to face 2 people : a HR and a Captain .
i was told that the Captain would be doing most of the talking and questions.

2. SInce most of us play flight sim ,it would be smart to be familiar with the aircraft one selects. Questions can range from Vr,V1 values to "why do you like this particular aircraft: to " what does that button do ? "
If an answer is not on your mind , tell them you dont know it and that you wish to learn about it. . If one isnt playing flight sim ,well its cool.You have been selected anyways,you didnt have that in the cv

3. Make sure you know the person who gave you a recommendation letter/ reference very well. They may ask you how you met him/her.

4. Suit Up!! Get "Awesome". You may as well make the most of your opportunity and make them feel you are really up for it. If you dont have one, its okay .Go with a tie or something.

Will post again when i get some more info.