PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 5
Thread: Aer Lingus - 5
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2011, 21:23
akerosid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another attempt by FR to stir the pot; they know they haven't a dog's chance of being allowed to take over EI, but they just want the oxygen of publicity and of course, to test the mettle of the new minister. Nothing likely to come of this, apart from free publicity.

Just arrived back home this evening and took four EI flights over the past two weeks or so - one JER-DUB return, one JER-DUB and one DUB-LHR. All four flights were excellent; superb crews, clean aircraft (inside/out), perfect punctuality across all four flights, but ...

LOAD FACTORS!
Jersey-DUB (1ST) c.50-60 pax
DUB-JER 62 (overheard cabin crewmember)

JER-DUB (21/4) c.120
DUB-LHR (30/4) c.100

I get that the first two flights were early in the season, but the flight on the 21st was just before Easter and still, while a better load, it wasn't great; likewise, the DUB-LHR (EI 152), pretty mediocre. I'm just giving an example of the flights I've been on, but it does suggest that there's a pretty urgent need for a new smaller type; we've heard talk of this in the past, but with the economy still struggling and disposal income reducing, a fleet of 30+ A320s is probably not the ideal model.