PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 1st May 2011, 17:32
dubaigong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know for how long you are here and in aviation ( low cost at least )
but I can tell you that with my experience ( in Europe ) the management in these kind of company don't care at all about your morale or mood.
There is a well known and successful company in Europe treating the pilots very badly but still making money and growing a lot faster than Flydubai despite what we are told every week that we are the fastest growing airline on the planet...
Pilots there are in general unhappy but still work there for many reasons like here people are quite upset but still staying here and doing their job.
All I am sure about aviation after so many years is that there will always be somebody ready to take your seat and be pleased with the conditions because he is coming from a country where they would be paid less than half what they get here or not left seat upgrade available for years or lost his job or need to go far away from his ex-wife and avoid to pay her some pension etc , etc , etc....
But the funny thing is that despite Skybus has been a failure the boss has been hired here....
So the lesson to learn is that it is better to fail when being a manager because you will be given another chance and most probably you can blame the others for the failure while being a pilot if you fail it will be in your file and will follow you for the rest of your career...
About the future here , my opinion , it will never improve it is like when you start building a wall if you don't start it straight from the beginning it will never be straight...

Good luck to you and I hope you will prove me wrong