PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume (part2)
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2011, 17:06
Machinbird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh wow! Have you been reading your "Magnetic Resonance Imaging for fun and prophet" Machinbird? That is exactly the basis of MRI and you may have hit on a novel and just possible answer. Nice one.
Wow, The opposite of zingers! Thank you all!

I did try to stay awake in Physics classes . Magnetic resonance is nothing new. The signal processing developments are what made MRI practical. My "idle speculation" evolved strictly from an understanding of electronics state of the art and basic physcs. Probably not a highly attractive patent anyway because of the highly limited demand.

Before we all get too excited, just remember the saying that there is "Many a slip twixt cup and lip." Yes, a competent person could likely acquire the necessary gear in a week, assemble a working prototype in the second week, and go on to deliver a unit capable of functioning at depth in the third....If they had a broad area of knowledge about EE, signal processing, sonar transducers, and operations at extreme depth. There are just a few such people out there. Get a group involved and it slows down considerably. I would bet that the Ile de Sein crew gets lucky before anyone develops a functional unit but the concept mentioned could influence future recorder design (attaching passive resonant elements) and should be followed up on in case we do need a phase 6.