PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mil Bridging package - CPL(H)
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2011, 12:56
onthebumline

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mil Bridging package - CPL(H)

I am fast approaching 2000hrs rotary, the pre requisite umber of hours to complete the current mil bridging package to qualify for a JAR CPL(H) under the terms of the current Qualified Service Pilot exemptions in the JAR-FCL LASORS. I am also aware of the impending rule changes under EASA. I am aware that loads of people in a similar position to me are rushing to BGS to get "studying ;-)" for thier package.

I am not one of those people.......here is my reasoning and logic as to why.

From this document

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/620/srg_l&...rch2011_v2.pdf

The bit applying to the changes to QSP terms are in 7.1 and 7.2. From what I can make of it, they will need to come up with new rules but are not in any way saying that they will not have a military experience accreditation.

Now the interesting bit for me is that the French will be a major influence on the new rules, if not for any other reason than the froggy equivalent of the CAA (DGAC DSAC) actually seem to a) like pilots and b) acknowledge that the training of military helicopter pilots pi55es all over the training you get in a Robbo R22 with some chimp with 151 Hours in a single piston who is essentially just hours buliding so they don't have to keep doing what they are doing.

Anyway the french pre-requisite for a CPL(H) for a QSP is as follows:

EXPERIENCE MINIMUM REQUISE :
• 500 heures de vol en tant que pilote commandant de bord d'hélicoptères.
• 10 heures de vol sur campagne comme commandant de bord sur hélicoptères monopilotes, comprenant un vol
d'un minimum de 185 km (100 NM) au cours duquel aura été effectué un atterrissage complet de l'hélicoptère sur
deux aérodromes différents de celui de départ.
• 10 heures de formation aux instruments, dont 5 heures au maximum au sol.
• 5 heures de vol effectuées de nuit comprenant au minimum 1 heure de navigation sur campagne, et 5 décollages et
atterrissages complets en solo, incluant chacun un circuit.

- 500Hrs P1
- 10 Hours X country
- 10 Hours instruments
- 5 Hours at night........spooky.

If you have all this then you get a CPL(H). No more questions. No mil bridging package......no silly flow-diagrams etc etc. Just a licence plain and simple.

The point I am eventually getting to is that the french........who absolutely love nothing more than a jolly good strike, would be up in arms if the EASA rules changed to make thier current rules more stringent.......i.e. more like ours. Therefore I think that the rule changes, unless the CAA dig in to try and rinse some more money out of mil pilots like they do so well, will be more like the french ones and so we can all stand by to collect out CPLs.

i) Anyone got any thoughts on this?
ii) Am I talking rubbish?
iii) Should I phone BGS ASAP?

BL

PS As usual spelling mistake comments in backsides pse